Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sweet potato canapes:. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet potato Canapes: is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Sweet potato Canapes: is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
I hope you give these tasty sweet potato canapes a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture. Celebrity chef, restaurant owner and MKR judge, Colin Fassnidge, shows you how to cook and prepare three of his signature canapes and wow your guests at.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet potato canapes: using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet potato Canapes::
- Get 🌻FOR THE PUFFS 500g sweet potato 4 Tbsp self-raising flour Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make ready 🌻TO DEEP FRY Vegetable oil as required
- Take 🌻FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE 3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce, at room temperature 1½ Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
When you are entertaining a crowd be sure to take a look at our collection of canapé recipes for party food inspiration. Find everything from simple and delicious finger food to fancy hors d'oeuvres. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. These Sweet potato canapes are topped with Mung Bean Sprouts tossed in bbq sauce.
Steps to make Sweet potato Canapes::
- The day before: Preheat oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6. Slit the skin of the sweet potato. Place directly on an oven shelf and bake until soft – about 3-4 hour. Put a tray underneath the shelf to catch any drips from the ends of the potato so they don’t burn onto the oven floor. Remove from the oven and cool overnight.
- To complete the puffs: - Scrape out the flesh of the baked sweet potato and measure 400g. Discard skin and any remaining flesh. Put the measured sweet potato into a processor with the self raising flour and a little salt and pepper. Process until a smooth, sticky paste then transfer into a piping bag with a 1cm serrated nozzle.
- 🌻To deep fry the puffs: - Put oil in a large pan, or wok. The oil should be at least 10cm deep, but should not come more than half-way up the pan. Heat the oil and add small bread piece until it will brown a cube of bread in 15 seconds – no hotter - otherwise the puffs will burn. Pipe 3cm lengths of mixture into the hot oil, cutting off each one with a sharp knife. Keep turning the puffs over, and deep fry for about 1 - 2 minutes until well browned but not burned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve as soon as the puffs are all cooked with the dipping sauce in a bowl beside them. You can eat the puffs immediately if you eat cold, but they lose the delicious crispness.
Potatoes, Sweet - Pieces or Whole. United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). In: Kingry, Judi and Lauren Devine. Ball / Bernardin Complete Book of Home Preserving. Sweet potatoes are topped with a sugar-and-spice mixture and butter, then slowly cooked on the stovetop until tender, syrupy Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food sweet potato canapes: recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!