Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, healthy shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This Healthy Shepherd's Pie calls for olive oil instead of butter, extra-lean ground beef, lots of vegetables, and a cauliflower-potato mash topping for a lighter take on the classic. This healthy shepherd's pie is a big favorite in our house, filled with ground lamb (or beef), lots of veggies and a topping of fluffy olive oil mashed potatoes. My Healthy Shepherd's Pie Recipe is easy to make, and made with a Garlic Roasted Mashed Cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes (tastes identical).
Healthy Shepherds Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Healthy Shepherds Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook healthy shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Shepherds Pie:
- Prepare 1 lb ground turkey
- Take 1 each cauliflower cut into florets
- Prepare 2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- Take 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Make ready 4 tbsp chives chopped
- Prepare 1/2 red onion sliced
- Prepare 1 can't believe it's not butter spray
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Take 3 clove garlic minced
- Make ready 1 salt for cauliflower
This lightened up Shepherd's Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out. This healthy shepherd's pie is perfect if your kids are fussy eaters. It's not exactly cheating by hiding their five-a-day inside. And even if it is, no jury will convict you!
Instructions to make Healthy Shepherds Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Over medium high add oil, add ground turkey, onions cook until browned.
- Add veggies and garlic, stir 5minutes.
- Add cornstarch to beef stock, stir well. Add stock to meat mixture, stir until thickened. Set aside.
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil, add cauliflower, cook until tender.
- With a potato masher, mashed cauliflower until smooth.
- 8x8 dish spray with cooking spray, add meat mixture.
- Spread cauliflower over meat mixture, spray with can't believe it's not butter.
- Cook for 30 minutes until browned on top. Let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy
This healthy Shepherd's Pie recipe is not only delicious but low in calories AND fat. Not just a great everyday meal but also a great substitute to the unhealthy holiday food. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food, and this low-carb version, made with ground turkey and topped with cauliflower mash, is just as comforting and delicious as the original. There are a zillion Healthy Shepherd's Pie recipe's out there but here's what set's this one apart. But a hungry husband practically eats for two so that.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food healthy shepherds pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!