Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, fluffy bean cake a. k. a akara osu. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fluffy Bean Cake a. K. a Akara Osu is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Fluffy Bean Cake a. K. a Akara Osu is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
This video will show you how to make fluffy and delicious akara. Akara is popular street snack and breakfast recipe in Nigeria. It's best to eat it the same.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook fluffy bean cake a. k. a akara osu using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fluffy Bean Cake a. K. a Akara Osu:
- Take brown beans
- Make ready Scotch bonnet chopped
- Prepare I small onion chopped
- Prepare Salt
- Get Palm oil
- Prepare For the equipment
- Take bowls
- Prepare Mortal and pestle/hand mixer/ omo orogun
- Take Sieve
This sponge and fluffy fried Bean-cake, is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. How to make Akara and Akamu (Nigerian Breakfast). Let me start by saying, YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS RECIPE ANYWHERE!!!! I need the recipe for Akara Osu.
Instructions to make Fluffy Bean Cake a. K. a Akara Osu:
- In a big bowl with water, pour the unpeeled beans and soak. After 10mins of soaking, rub ur hands between the beans to peel and sieve or for faster result, pour into blender with enough water and blend little by little until the peel comes off. It's always easier to peel before the beans becomes soft.
- After peeling the beans, soak for 2 hrs(if u using blender) if not, rinse the beans thoroughly and take to the local grinding machine to blend. Pls note u are blending only the beans.
- If u are using a blender or food processor, blend with little or no water at all until smooth.
- After blending, using a hand mixer or any of the equipment mentioned above, mix and Incorporate air into it until it's fluffy and double in size. To know if ur mixture is ready, put water in a bowl and use spoon to scoop a little of the beans into it, if it float and does not sink, then u are good to go. If not, keep on mixing 😉
- After it has double in size, add ur pepper, onion and salt and mix properly. I always add salt last.
- Heat up oil and scoop batter into it and fry.
- If you don't want the inside white like mine, you can blend/ pound the pepper seperately with no water and add later.So so crunchy 😍
- Enjoy with ur pap, custard or bread!
Big Dunni: ah, if only you had a grinding stone, you would have loved it, in fact Iyenekere How do I add air to my akara to make it fluffy? Do I use food processor or cake mixer? Akara (Yoruba name) is fried bean cake. Beans is such an essential part of nutrition in Nigeria, and West Africa as a whole. Akara is a very delicious, vegetarian friendly meal eaten in most parts of Africa.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food fluffy bean cake a. k. a akara osu recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!