Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, shakshuka. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
ShakShuka is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. ShakShuka is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Shakshouka (Arabic: شكشوكة, also spelled shakshuka or chakchouka) is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic, and commonly. Shakshuka is an easy, healthy breakfast (or any time of day) recipe in Israel and other parts of the Middle East and North Africa. It's a simple combination of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have shakshuka using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make ShakShuka:
- Get Ingredients
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Take 1 yellow onion medium , chopped
- Get 1 pepper Anaheim , seeded and chopped
- Make ready 2 jalapenos , seeded and diced
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated
- Prepare tomatoes diced with their juices
- Make ready 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- Prepare 1 teaspoon paprika smoked
- Get ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- Take ½ teaspoon salt
- Take ¼ teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- Prepare 6 eggs large
- Take 8 basil leaves , chopped
- Take 3 Tablespoons parsley chopped fresh
- Make ready cup feta cheese crumbled
- Take pita bread Toasted
The best baked eggs in the world - Shakshuka! A Middle Eastern and North African dish traditionally served up for breakfast or lunch, this can be made entirely on the stove or finished in the oven. Shakshuka is a one-skillet dish of eggs poached in a fragrant, spiced tomato sauce. We like to keep our shakshuka ingredient list short and sweet.
Instructions to make ShakShuka:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and saute, stirring occasionally, until they're tender and starting to brown. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and all the juice, broth, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer then lower heat and continue to simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
- Crack the eggs into the sauce. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until desired doneness. I like to take them off when the whites are just set, but the yolks are still very runny. But you can continue to cook until the yolks are cooked through as well if desired. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with parsley, basil, and feta. Serve warm with pita bread.
A bit of tomato paste lends slow-simmered flavor to. Shakshuka may be at the apex of eggs-for-dinner recipes, though in Israel it is breakfast food, a bright, spicy start to the day with a pile of pita or challah served on the side. Treat yourself to a shakshuka with a difference. Shakshuka is a classic Middle Eastern dish where eggs are poached in a spice filled tomato stew. Shakshuka is a delicious Middle-Eastern dish that is full.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shakshuka recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!